SAM for Cloud Readiness
Today's IT infrastructure not only needs to be flexible and cost-effective, but also has to meet high security standards. A cloud strategy addresses precisely these requirements: cost reduction, improved scalability, enhanced flexibility and security.
Migrating all or part of the IT infrastructure is a challenge that must not be underestimated. With a SAM for Cloud Readiness project, you receive an integrated analysis of your IT infrastructure. We analyze the readiness of your IT infrastructure or parts thereof for migration to the cloud. By request we also support you with planning and implementing your short and long-term cloud strategy, always in line with your company objectives.
We assess the cloud readiness of your IT infrastructure and advise you on which processes can already be migrated and how to best prepare for the planned cloud migration. SAM for Cloud Readiness gives you insight into the business, licensing and technology benefits of using the cloud and identifies optimization potential for your existing cloud licensing.
Migration to the cloud can be very complex. Many questions need to be answered in advance to actually achieve the project objectives.
Questions we answer in the course of a SAM for Cloud Readiness project:
- On-premise, cloud or hybrid – which usage model is right for your business?
- What licensing options are most sensible for migration to the cloud?
- Fixed price model or pay as you go – which cost model is right for you?
- How can the administration of your software portfolio be simplified with the help of cloud products?
Opportunities of a SAM for Cloud Readiness project:
- Identification of applications that are ready for migration to the cloud
- Preparation of a long-term, effective migration plan
- Identification of opportunities to close licensing gaps by using the cloud
- Enhanced flexibility thanks to the scalability of the cloud
- Clarification how improved cost control can be achieved by using the cloud
The scope of a SAM for Cloud Readiness project can vary depending on the size of the IT infrastructure, requirements and objectives. Complex projects are usually divided into 5 phases:
Background information about the company and infrastructure is collected in the planning phase. Targets and dates as well as access rules for data collection and analysis are established.
- Data collection
The software portfolio is recorded with the help of an inventory tool and then compared to the existing usage and license rights.
- Data analysis
The data analysis encompasses validation of the collected data as well as a review of the usage and license rights and the installations. The SAM readiness in reference to cloud guidelines and processes is determined as well. You obtain an overview of your current cloud applications and a recommendation how to optimize them for alignment with your objectives.
In conclusion we discuss our results, recommendations and the next steps. You are also provided with a detailed abstract in the form of a report.