the SAP Manufacturing Execution System
Sycor.MES offers full control of production in real time. Transparent. Objective. Individually adaptable.
If you want to lower production costs, you need tools that ensure transparency and control.
Sycor.MES as an SAP-integrated software solution supports real-time production management, guidance, monitoring and control. Transparent. Objective. Individually adaptable.
Sycor.MES is ideal to uncover productivity reserves by establishing indicators such as availability, performance, quality, downtime and cycle times etc. in real time. Sycor.MES is an SAP manufacturing execution system aimed at companies that focus on optimizing machine productivity and production processes.
Functional areas of SAP MES:
- Machine data collection (for all automatic signals)
- Machine operation clearance (bidirectional interface)
- Production data collection (for manual decentralized recordkeeping or directly in SAP)
- Personnel time allocation (with SAP-HR integration)
- Quality data collection (for employee self-monitoring in SAP-QM)
- Central production control (machine state report)
- Production metrics (TEEP, total system efficiency, OEE)
- SAP-CO transfer (production orders, make-to-stock production, internal orders, etc.)
- Individual evaluations and reports
The core components of Sycor.MES are SAP-based and do not require their own system security concepts, since they are administered under the SAP security concept. The system can easily be connected with a self-contained client, which communicates with the production equipment via sensors or the existing machine controls. Production data can also be recorded via decentralized PDC terminals or entered directly via an SAP-PDC transaction.
Freely configurable information processing
You can use the Sycor.MES configuration component to customize further processing of data in SAP. For example, you can define the standard SAP value to which you want the actual data to be posted for each workstation, record type or cause (multilevel model).
Sycor.MES personnel time offers a variety of options for allocating personnel costs to cost centers in the production department. These scenarios include direct allocation per production system, multiple machine operation, stand-in staff, support staff and teamwork. These scenarios can also be combined. In the configuration component, you define for each time event whether the personnel time is calculated at 100%, 0% or prorated.
Production KPIs right out of the textbook
The Sycor.MES KPI module lets you calculate well-known production metrics such as TEEP (Total Effective Equipment Productivity), GEFF (German abbreviation for total system efficiency) or OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency). Individual components of these key performance indicators are displayed, including availability factor (usage level), performance factor and quality factor. This applies to workstations as well as to individual production lots.
A special feature of this module is that it records adherence to schedules. This metric is especially useful for companies that employ up-to-date continuous flow production strategies. It documents the JIT capabilities of isolated production departments.
The scope of CO transfer is defined based on your company‘s needs. You can define data transfer in Sycor.MES according to how actual cost accounting is structured in SAP. Data can be posted to all objects in SAP that are assignable to accounts – you decide which objects.
Your advantages with SAP MES:
- One integrated solution for PDC and MDC
- Analysis function and ability to import data to SAP actual cost accounting
- Variable personnel cost allocation for production
- Transparent view of production KPIs
- Customized further processing of data in SAP